Bio, Resume & Awards
Ben has always had an interest in fine details and loves to collect things which he often uses in his sculpture, drawings and designs. He grew up in Africa where he was influenced by the culture and natural world then moved to Malta in his teens, working for an animation company there. He was drawn to the exciting courses at Duncan of Jordonstone College of Art and Design, Dundee, and went on to achieve a first class honours in Art, Philosophy and Contemporary Practices. He completed a Masters in Art and Humanities, also at Dundee, where he was awarded a prize for the best Academic Performance.
Ben is an artist currently living and working in Glasgow. Please get in touch with email@example.com or use our contact form if you’re interested in chatting, commissioning or working together.
RSA Residency Award
Royal Scottish Academy residency award for one month funded residency completed at the Scottish Sculpture Workshop in Lumsden, Scotland.
William Sangster Phillips Award
Masters Fees and Bursary Scholarship used to complete MFA in Art and Humanities, Duncan of Jordanstone, University of Dundee.
DFAS Emergent Artist Award
Fife Decorative and Fine Art Society bursary and public presentation for continued professional development.
BA(hons) APCP Prize
Prize for the top graduating student on the BA(hons) Art, Philosophy and Contemporary Practices, Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design, University of Dundee.
John Kinross Scholarship
Royal Scottish Academy bursary to travel and create work in Florence, Italy, completed over a period of three months with work, resulting from the time, gifted to the RSA for their permanent collection.
The Duncan of Jordanstone Masters Prize
Best Academic Performance in the final semester of the MFA in Art and Humanities, Duncan of Jordanstone, University of Dundee.
- Dimmi (Tell Me), Group exhibition, Patriothall Gallery, Edinburgh, Scotland. 2015
- Trans-send. Group exhibition, Holzman Gallery, Centre for the Arts, Towson University, Maryland, USA. July-Aug. 2014
- DJCAD Graduate Degree Show. Group exhibition, DJCAD, University of Dundee, Scotland. 2012
- Gallery G: New Faces. Group exhibition, Gallery G, Lija Malta. 2010
- DJCAD Masters Show 2014. Group exhibition, DJCAD, University of Dundee, Scotland. 2014
- RE: Sustain. Group exhibition, Dundee Skills Share, Dundee, Scotland. 2013
- Roseangle Arts Society. Group exhibition, Roseangle Galleries, Dundee. 2012